How To Choose The Best Veneer For Your Face
There are a lot of factors that you need to consider when searching for the best veneers for your face. Getting suitable veneers does not only enhance your dental structure; it improves your dental health. At New Tampa Smiles, we assist our patients in getting the type of veneers that suits them best. You will learn how we do it in this article.
Veneers are thin shells that cover the teeth, especially when damaged or severely stained teeth. They protect your teeth and prevent additional damages that your teeth could experience without veneers.
Veneers can last long if you use them properly and maintain them. However, if your veneers get damaged, you can see a dentist near you for a quick fix.
There are different types of veneers, and among them, porcelain veneers have a lot of varieties that you can choose from. They are cosmetic and easily blend with your natural teeth’ color.
If you want to choose the best veneer, there are numerous variables that you have to look through. Do not hesitate to ask your dentist in Tampa for help to make things easier.
Your Teeth Colour
Before choosing your veneers, the first thing that your dentist does is to check out teeth’ color. A dental color chart is required to do this. In the dental color chart, there are four classifications.
- Reddish gray
- Reddish yellow
Asides from these, there are other 11 extra classifications to various teeth’ shades. Your dentist will advise that you pick a two times brighter shade than your actual teeth color.
Your Teeth Shape
Everyone has a different teeth shape, which is another crucial factor to consider when picking a veneer. The Las Vegas Institute Smile Catalog is the most popular catalog for tooth shape sources. The catalog has 12 various categories of smiles that make it easier for the dentist to pick the proper tooth shape that suits you best.
- Aggressive: Dentists often recommend this for men. It fits square-shaped, uniform teeth to create a bold impression.
- Vigorous: It fits squared teeth shape with sharp and outstanding canines.
- Mature: People with square-shaped teeth and canines that are barely round can use this style.
- Focused: For prominent square incisors and slightly rounded teeth.
- Enhanced: For teeth that are a slightly rounded
- Dominant: It fits square-shaped teeth with rounded canines and very outstanding front teeth
- Softened: It fits rounded teeth with a subtle curve.
- Hollywood: For square-shaped teeth with slightly shorter lateral incisors. They are more suitable for men.
- Functional: For slightly rounded shape with focused canines
- Natural: Just like functionality styles, it fits a slightly rounded shape with pointy canines.
- Youthful: For longer canines with round teeth shape.
- Oval: It fits rounded incisors, canines, and teeth shape.
Your Face Shape
After the dentist has examined your teeth shape, your face shape would also determine the type of veneer that you would use.
Every face shape has its teeth shape and size to give you the best look.
For a heart-shaped face, a shorter and rounded veneer is best.
For rounded-shaped faces, we recommend longer and more noticeable veneers.
For oval-shaped faces, a square teeth-shaped veneer is better. It makes a face look broader.
For a square-shaped face, rounded teeth are best.
Choosing The Right Dentist
Another major factor determining the kind of veneer that would suit you best is the dentist who would perform the veneer treatment.
If the dentist is experienced, getting the right color and shape for your teeth would be easier.
In dentistry, experience and skills are essential. With experience, you can help your dental patients in many ways, especially when they are confused about what type of treatment to undergo. So, when considering getting a veneer, choose the right dentist. Our dentist in Tampa is well-skilled in providing the appropriate treatment you need, especially when selecting the right veneers.