Invisalign Treatment for Teeth Alignment in Tampa, Florida
Invisalign is an orthodontic appliance from the Invisalign Company used for straightening teeth. A series of customized Invisalign trays are generated using 3D images of your mouth. These trays are worn over crooked, overcrowded, wide-gapped, or mildly rotated teeth. Invisalign near you also corrects all forms of bad bites for a beautiful, well-aligned smile.
Who Should Consider Invisalign Treatment?
Teenagers can use Invisalign aligners to straighten their teeth. These braces help them attain straight teeth without the discomfort of metal braces. As a result, teens can have a winsome smile while avoiding teasing remarks from peers that may affect their self-esteem.
The treatment is ideal for grownups who want flexible and discreet orthodontic treatment. Adults who aligned their teeth in their younger years may notice some shifts in their teeth. Invisalign treatment can help realign their teeth once again. Also, those with misalignment issues caused by aging can benefit from Invisalign aligners.
A Closer Look Into the Invisalign Process
Knowing what to expect at an Invisalign dentist near you will set you at ease through the process. The general steps below will give you an idea of what happens during treatment.
- The first step is the initial consultation. You should schedule a face-to-face session with an Invisalign-trained dentist. This dental expert will examine your teeth to check the type of misalignment. This is carried out with the help of digital x-rays of your mouth taken from various angles.
The dentist will discuss the process with you if you qualify for the treatment. They will highlight how it works, the expected treatment timeline, and the cost. Based on your response, the dentist will proceed to the next step.
- The second step involves designing a customized treatment plan for the perfect smile. First, the dentist will use the Invisalign computerized system to scan your teeth, gums, and jaw.
Next, the images are uploaded to the system. Next, they are used to build a simulation of the appearance of your teeth after treatment. Finally, they are sent to the Invisalign lab, where the straightening trays are professionally made.
- The Invisalign team will send the trays to your dentist when the trays are ready. The dentist will contact you for a first fitting. Before the fitting, the dentist will fit your teeth with composite teeth attachments. They help the aligners grip onto teeth for easier straightening.
You will be given the first aligner tray to try it on to see whether it fits well. The tray may not feel very comfortable at first, but you will quickly become used to them. However, if they cause you pain or distress, let your dentist know so that they can be made more comfortable.
- Your dentist in New Tampa Smiles will schedule follow-up appointments every few weeks. They will ensure the treatment progresses as expected and the trays remain comfortable. In addition, the dentist will swap your aligners for the next one in the series every two weeks until the treatment is complete.
- After the treatment, the professional will fit you with Invisalign retainers. They are usually worn when sleeping to help maintain your teeth in their new positions.
Benefits of Straightening Teeth with Invisalign
- Invisalign aligners are almost invisible therefore making treatment discreet. You get to straighten your teeth inconspicuously.
- You can enjoy more flexibility with Invisalign aligners since they are easily removable.
- The computerized process gives you a clearer picture of what to expect during and after Invisalign treatment.
- An Invisalign dentist near you will not require you to bite on the plaster mold to create an impression of your teeth. The trays are made through 3-D digital scanning for customized designs.
- The straightening trays are made of smooth plastic that is more comfortable than traditional metal braces. Since they are customized, the trays fit comfortably over teeth.
- Maintaining proper oral hygiene is easy during treatment with Invisalign. This is because you can remove them easily to brush or floss your teeth.
- You spend little time at the office of the dentist in Tampa when straightening teeth with Invisalign. Since the process is computerized, you do not have to go for adjustments.
- You can eat or drink all types of foods as long as you remove the aligners before and clean your teeth after.